Restaurant Cleaning Services Division
Type of Cooking
What is considered a clean exhaust system?
The industry standard is to clean to bare metal. If a system has not been cleaned properly for any length of time, sometimes it may take multiple cleanings before getting to bare metal. According to NFPA-96 section 11.6.2: "Hoods, grease removal devices, fans, ducts, and other appurtenances shall be cleaned to remove combustible contaminants prior to surfaces becoming heavily contaminated with grease or oily sludge." The best way to determine if a surface is clean is to inspect it. If it looks like there is an accumulation of grease on a surface, then it probably needs cleaning.
Before & After
Filter Exchange Program
We know that the first step in making sure you have a safe working environment is making sure your filters are clean and are in working condition. We take the time to make sure your filters are cleaned and clear of grease.
We use only stainless steel filters. We make sure that all of our filters are of the highest standards. Using anything else would allow filters to corrode under normal use and cleaning, and they would become less effective over time.
We use pressure washers to make sure we get the grease and any other products inside the filter that dishwasher cannot remove.
All EDSS employees are trained to make sure the customers are always satisfied to the fullest. We make sure your filters arrive on time with our reliable, courteous staff.
Weekly, Bi-Weekly and Monthly pickup/ drop offs
Benefits of a Clean Kitchen Exhaust System
- Improved health standards
- Decreased risk of fire
- Better ventilation for smoke and odour removal
- Compliance with local and national fire and health codes
- Improved government inspection ratings
- Greater energy savings
- Cleaner working environment and minimized product
- Sticker for insurance
What Makes Us Different
- We listen alternatively to our customers to understand their needs and requirements
- EDSS take total responsibility of as many aspects of operations necessary to meet your needs
- Bringing flexibility, versatility, fast response and cost effective solutions through a network of experienced staff and management
- 24 Hour monitoring of quality standards to produce a service that reflects all the special requirements demanded by each individual customer
What We Do To Make It Easy For You
We make sure your kitchen's exhaust system will be thoroughly cleaned, not just the parts you can see but the hard-to-reach areas as well.
Pass Safety Inspection
Your kitchen's exhaust system will pass a fire department safety inspection.
Your kitchen's exhaust system will meet your insurance company's requirements for safe operation and we will give you a certificate to show them.
Clean As It Was
Your kitchen will be left as clean as it was before we arrived.
You will learn about potential mechanical problems as we find them, allowing you to arrange for preventive maintenance.
Fire Prevention 101: The Basics on Restaurant Fire Safety
On average 8,000 eating and drinking establishments report a fire each year according to data collected by the NFPA. One fire can be devastating to your business, here are a few steps you can take to protect your business.
- Install an automatic fire suppression system. 57% of fires occur from your kitchen equipment, therefore it is key to have a fire suppression system that will automatically shut down the fuel or electric supply to the equipment.
- Have your exhaust system inspected for grease buildup. A hood should be inspected semi-annually and depending on the type of cooking it may need to be inspected more frequently.
- Training your Employees.
- Proper and regular grease cleanup around kitchen equipment.
- Never throw water on a grease fire, this will just cause the grease to spread.
- Store Flammable liquids properly.
- HAVE AN EMERGENCY PLAN!